A few years ago I brought my Microsoft Technology Roadmap - affectionately known as the Technology Avalanche - to 5 countries in the EU. I thought there were a lot of technologies to cover then...but here we are two years later and there is no shortage of new technologies to talk about and so I will embark once again to some 5 countries including Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. Here is a list of dates and locations:
I created this seminar to help all of you developers and architects keep up with all the many platform releases and technology stacks - to help you make sense of which technologies are right for your scenarios, and keep you apprised of the status of upcoming releases and their value proposition. It is no small undertaking I assure you! I am constantly updating this each time I deliver it, even if only a few months pass between events! I hope you will enjoy this renewed 2009 tour!
Here is a summary of the seminar:
With these rapidly changing times, developers have a lot more on their mind and on their plate than they did at any point in recent time. Although the Visual Studio and the .NET Framework both provide tools that yield an overall increase in productivity during the development cycle, the avalanche of technologies that builds upon these foundations can seem overwhelming if not insurmountable at times. This workshop will take you through a guided tour of the Microsoft technologies available today, tomorrow, and into the foreseeable future...and enable educated decisions on aligning your product road map with upcoming technologies.
· Language and platform trends for .NET 2.0 through .NET 4.0 including discussions of the language trends for C# 4.0 and Visual Basic 10, F# and parallel computing
· Advances for developing the data access tier from data sets and readers to LINQ, Entity Framework, ADO.NET Data Services and velocity
· Windows client development with WPF and the relevance of Windows Forms and ClickOnce
· Web development with ASP.NET, AJAX and Silverlight
· The evolution of the middle tier with WCF and Workflow, and the relevance of WCF Workflow Services in .NET 4.0 and Dublin
· The impact codename “Oslo” will have on the future of Microsoft development
· A review of identity platforms including Windows Identity Foundation, ADFS and Windows Cardspace
· The benefits of cloud computing with the Windows Azure Platform
In this intense, one–day briefing, you will see numerous demonstrations of these technologies, we will assess the benefits and advantages of the forward trends and you will gain an overall picture of each technology’s place in your development efforts today and tomorrow–for each respective discipline. Developers, architects, and technical leads who would like to gain some perspective on the Microsoft road map, the applicability of each technology, the choices and the trade–offs, will greatly benefit from this workshop.
Designed by NUKEATION STUDIOS