The NDC was bigger than ever this year, a fantastic conference with so many fantastic speakers – I predict it will continue to grow next year and of course if you have ever been to Norway you know it is just a great place for a visit!
At any rate, here are the resource from my two sessions I presented. Hope you enjoy!
Session: Rocking AppFabric Access Control: Practical Scenarios, Killer Code and Wicked Tools
- In this session I showed you how to use AppFabric Access Control to secure REST-based WCF services including federation with a custom Security Token Service (STS) built with Windows Identity Foundation (WIF).
- The sample code includes my custom object model for working with Access Control, encapsulates the use of SImple Web Token and typical flow with WRAP protocol.
- Get a whole bunch of other federated identity samples here as well, with instructions for setting up your environment and a list of other resources in the readme: http://www.dasblonde.net/downloads/FederatedIdentitySamples.zip
Top Security Scenarios for WCF Services: On Premise & In The Cloud
- In this session I talked about various WCF security scenarios from anonymous, intranet/windows, internet/username, trusted subsystem, and federated identity. I also wrapped up with some tips on how the cloud can help, service bus for the DMZ layer and access control for a normalized security model that can satisfy any client technology (mobile, windows, web, silverlight, ajax).
- You can see my federation samples above for machine setup as well.
- Security templates are posted to: http://wcf4templates.codeplex.com
- I talked about how BasicAuth is a username/password option that works across platforms but the default behavior is to authenticate with Windows credentials. Dominick provides some nice resources to overcome this problem here: http://custombasicauth.codeplex.com
- Looking for some Azure security scenarios? Here are resources coming out of Patterns and Practices: http://azuresecurity.codeplex.com/
- Some more resources from me: http://wcfclientguidance.codeplex.com
And lastly, the slides (PDF) for my sessions are here: http://www.dasblonde.net/downloads/NDC2010_Slides.zip