The cool thing about creating an add-in for my exception handling proxy is that now it makes it easier for me to use it all the time when I create sample projects. Before, I would have to copy and paste the base type and hand-build the proxy, and this just wasn't realistic.
I'm blogging this because of course this also means I will uncover any bugs or missing features more quickly since I'm trying to use it everywhere. One such thing was that a change I made to my proxy wrapper to automate creating the channel in the constructor actually had a nasty side-effect that didn't surface until I tried to use it for a federated security sample. ClientCredentials was not accessible since the channel was already created. My bad.
I have since updated the proxy generator here: http://wcfproxygenerator.codeplex.com and there is a new release that includes the add-in sources in case you want to change how that works.
Even though I've been using this wrapper code in different incarnations for years, I am going to leave the codeplex site in Beta until I have tested with more scenarios. I think it is pretty stable though...aside from that little bug I introduced at the last minute. New code = more testing.
I'm loving using this everywhere, I hope you do to!